Monday, March 30, 2009

What's in a name?

This weekend we moved around a lot of furniture in an attempt to baby-proof the house. I have a feeling it's an ultimately futile gesture, as Ben will probably find the one thing we didn't think of and topple it onto his head, but c'est la vie.

This included getting rid of an old bookcase from our room and transferring the books onto two smaller bookcases in the guest room, which I did this morning. One of those books was one I got when I was probably 12. It's called What's Your Name? A guide to first names and what they mean. I got it to use as a generator for character names in my stories and I noticed that I'd gone through and highlighted all the names I liked. Just out of curiosity I turned to the section of boy's names starting with B. To my surprise, I had highlighted "Benjamin."

No comments:

Post a Comment