Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Whoa

Just as a surly teenager would, today Ben has proven that, "You don't know me at all, Mom!" For weeks I've been saying that he'll probably walk before he crawls. But...

*drum roll*

Ben just crawled! I was in the shower and we have clear, fiberglass shower walls so I could see him. He was playing with some toys and ended up on his stomach. At first he was sort of lunging for things, as he has been for a while. Then he got up on his hands and knees and actually moved them together to get to a toy. It was amazing. Once I got out of the shower I put his binky out of reach and he did it again! Each time was only a few "steps," but he was really doing it. Now we need to baby-proof for real!

I had noticed that he was in a better mood this morning than the last two weeks. He sat and played with toys while I ate breakfast and then he was pretty cooperative during his breakfast. A minimum of whining. Maybe he had a breakthrough during the night and that knowledge gave him peace this morning. Who knows. Who cares. It's just exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Ben! Watch out world, here he comes.

    ReplyDelete