Monday, June 15, 2009

The 10th Month: You can take it

Last week Heath's (and Ben's!) cousin Kathe was visiting and we got to spend Saturday with her. We had a lovely day at hurling and evening at Heath's parents' house. During dinner Kathe mentioned that a friend of hers really loved when her babies were 9 months old, as Ben is, because that's when their personalities started showing through. Ben's got personality alright, but I have to say, I'm not loving 9 months old. Along with that personality came a will of his own and everything has gotten much harder. Almost every meal is a battle. Suddenly he hates having his diaper changed. None of his toys are the LEAST bit interesting and he detests being confined in his highchair or stroller. I'm not saying I blame him for all of these things. Some of them are quite understandable. But he whines all day long. And again, that's one of his only ways of communicating, so I understand, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to gouge my eyes out with a spoon. I haven't yet told my 9.5 month old son to shut up, but it's seriously crossed my mind.

So right now I'm just holding on until he has a breakthrough. I'm laying all of my hopes on the fact that he'll become more pleasant once he's walking. I think I'll be able to deal with the mess better than with the whining.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment