Thursday, February 26, 2009

I scream, you scream, we all scream for... MOMMY!

Ben learned a new trick and it's not a charming one.

Tuesday afternoon I had him in the bouncy seat while I vacuumed. I brought him from room to room so he could watch me, but I hadn't been paying much attention to him. I was almost finished when, over the din of the vacuum, I heard a SCREECH as though a velociraptor had just entered the room. I looked at Ben and when I did he just smiled. Then when I turned away to finish vacuuming he screeched again. Apparently this is his new way of getting my attention. So for the past couple days I've been treated to new screeches and screams of all kinds, in addition to old favorites such as:

"Don't put me down! HOW DARE YOU PUT ME DOOOOOOOWN? I realize I'm heavier than 97% of my peers, but THAT'S NO EXCUSE!"

"I don't care if the bottle's empty. I want moooooooooooore!"

and

"I''m not tired! I don't want to naaaaaaaaap! Oh, wait I guess I am tired... zzzzz..."

Buy stock in Tylenol.

No comments:

Post a Comment