Friday, January 8, 2010

Today I was That Mother.

The air pressure in my tires was low and I had to get my oil changed anyway, so this morning Ben and I went to Jiffy Lube. Well, I was planning to go to the gym afterward, so I hadn't showered and I was wearing work out clothes which, since it's Friday, smell like a locker room. Then, after The Cat in the Hat Comes Back got boring Ben decided to explore the waiting room. So I was chasing him around this small room, trying to keep him from going behind the counter and touching the electrical outlet and opening the doors and messing with the coffee maker. All the while he's knocking into people and then he threw a fit when I wouldn't let him push around the "Wet Floor" sign. I had to stick it in the bathroom. Plus, I kept dropping my phone and Ben's books and the nice man sitting across from us kept picking them up. It was like I was in a goofy British comedy that makes Americans go, "Um... why is that funny?" It was ridiculous. And then when we finally got to the gym I looked in the mirror and noticed I had missed getting a huge chunk of hair up into my ponytail. All I needed to complete the picture was a shopping cart full of crap.

1 comment:

  1. It's OK - we're all that mother at some point. And it's Friday!

    ReplyDelete