Monday, December 14, 2009

Bad Blogger! Bad!

I apologize for the lack of content lately. It's been a stressful few weeks in the Borders household for a number of reasons, not the least of which is TEETHING. Ben has some molars coming in and they're taking their sweet ol' time getting here. In the meantime this means lots of drooling and chewing on things and lots of restless nights. Heath has been taking the brunt of the bad nights, sleeping with Ben in the guest room because I cannot do more than drowse when I'm in bed with Ben.

We're also in transition from two naps to one. Holy crap do I hate transition times. It throws the whole routine out of wack and I thrive on my routine. We'd been doing the two nap thing for at least seven months when about two weeks ago Ben decided that was for suckers. Now I never know what I'm going to get. Sometimes he takes two naps, sometimes only one. Sometimes he takes one 30 minute nap and then a two hour nap. Sometimes it's two 90 minute naps. Sometimes it's one one-hour nap, which are the days I have the urge to e-mail all my friends without kids and talk about the positive aspects of sterilization. Spending 13+ hours with a toddler and having only one break long enough to shower and maybe eat lunch is crazy making.

So, those two situations don't exactly put me in the blogging frame of mind. However, things seem to be calming down a bit (fingers crossed). Hopefully Ben's teeth will pop through soon and I'll think of some more funny things to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment