Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Daddy's boy

Ben has always been a Daddy's boy to the point that sometimes he won't even let me hold him if Heath's home. For the most part I understand. He sees me all the time, but Daddy's only home sometimes so he has to take advantage of that when he can.

Well, last night before Heath got home I was letting Ben help me make dinner. We were making zucchini chips, which involved putting zucchini slices into a bowl of milk and then into a bowl of breadcrumbs. Ben absolutely loved putting them in the milk and he made a relatively small mess, compared to what I was expecting. So Heath came home in the middle of that and Ben didn't even blink an eye. He was all about the zucchini chips. When we were finished Heath tried to pick him up and Ben started crying. Then he lunged for me and wouldn't let Heath take him. I think he was mostly mad about not having any more zucchini chips to dunk, but I have to admit it made my heart swell to be the favored parent, even if only for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment