Saturday, February 27, 2010

Run, Forrest, run!

We've been in a playgroup since Ben was about 2 months old. All the kids are between 1 and 2 years old now and it's been so fun watching them grow up together. Only recently have they started to actually play together, though. Until now their fellow playgroup members have merely been obstacles to crawl over, or people to steal toys from.

Currently Ben's favorite game is Chase. At home he wants Heath or me to chase him, but at playgroup he likes being the chaser. Last Tuesday we visited a bakery called yummy & co. which has a playroom with tons of toys and makes delicious cupcakes to boot. They were extremely tolerant of the kids running around and I can't hype them enough, so if you're near the St. Louis area check them out!*

Anyway, while there Ben started chasing one of the other kids, Joey. He and Joey were running back and forth across the store giggling like crazy. Ben never tires of that game, but occasionally Joey would stop and take a break. However, then Ben would come up and nudge Joey's arm a little, like,"Come on dude, keep running!" It was completely adorable.


*I was in no way compensated for that endorsement. I paid for all my cupcakes! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I trust your endorsement of these cupcakes. It sounds to me like you've been paid off by the cupcake industry. I think I'd have to try these cupcakes myself before I could believe...

    ReplyDelete