Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Things... they are a-changin'

Ben is slowly becoming a toddler. For example:

-He's crawling around more. He still prefers walking with our help, but he's starting to realize that if he crawls he can get things. Things that, until now, have been tantalizingly out of reach. The other morning Heath put him down near the coffee table and when I came back in a few minutes later he was clear across the room, opening drawers on our TV stand and pulling out video games.

-He can now sometimes stand on his own, without holding onto anything, for up to 5 seconds. I know it doesn't seem like a long time, but in the almost-10-months world that's an eternity.

-Ben can also now sit and stand up in his crib. I've walked in several times today to find him standing and bouncing up and down. We lowered the mattress just in time!

-Saturday morning when Heath went in to get Ben he was babbling, "mamamamamama," but when he saw Heath he started saying, "dadadadadada." Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

-For the past couple days I've been asking, "Ben, where's mama?" Sometimes he reaches for me and sometimes he just gives me this look, as if to say, "I am not your monkey."

-He's cruising around on furniture like crazy. This week he's perfecting going from one piece to another. It's not going to be long now and the boy will be walking. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment