Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm a horrible mother v2.0

Ben looks like he's been in a bar fight. First there's the bruise on his cheek. Then there's the bug bite he scratched until bleeding, on his other cheek. And on Friday the following happened:

We were at a big playground walking around on some of the equipment. Ben was getting around really well, until he tried to move past a girl to get near the slide. He tripped on her sandal and went forehead first into the plastic step. He didn't even catch himself with his hands, it was all forehead. Ouch.

So now he has a big bruise across his forehead, to compliment his other injuries. Can you imagine how much smarter we'd all be if we were never toddlers?

1 comment:

  1. Katie, you don't know me, but I was Heath (and Chad's) Kindergarten teacher. I found your blog through his Facebook page, and am really enjoying it. You're a great mother and a great writer!

    Ben is absolutely adorable! I hope that the little mishaps of the past few days are the worst that you ever have to endure with him. (But as the mother of a 21 year old and a 24 year old, I can pretty much guarantee that they won't be!)

    Jill Aul

    ReplyDelete